GP Training Practice
The Swan Practice is proud to be an accredited training practice, involved in training qualified doctors, known as registrar doctors to complete the final stages of training before they enter General Practice. We have up to 3 registrar doctors at any one time, who stay with us between 6 months and 3 years and each is supervised by an experienced GP trainer.
On occasion, patients may be invited to give consent for the registrar doctor to video the consultation. This is an important learning tool to help the registrar doctor improve and develop their consultation skills. The recordings are deleted after being viewed by the GP trainer.
We have been a training practice since 2005 and have found that registrar doctors bring fresh ideas and enthusiasm and are valued by both the practice and the patients.
Publication of GP Net Earnings
All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings (eg average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in The Swan Practice in the last financial year was £55,441 before tax and National Insurance. This is for 5 full time GPs, 15 part time GPs and 0 locum GPs who worked in the practice for more than six months.
|Dr Caroline Tjoa (f)|
MBBS (London 1999) MA, BA (Psych)
- Interests: Diabetes, Paediatrics, Dermatology and Minor Surgery
|Dr Alison Banks (f)|
BM - Qualified at Southampton University in 1994.
|Dr Afsar Rizvi (m)|
MBBS MRCGP DRCOG
- Qualified in 2001 at St Bartholomews and the Royal London School of medicine and Dentistry at Queen Mary Westfied College.
- Medical Officer for Hamilton House Nursing Home in Buckingham
- Medical Office for University of Buckingham
- GP Trainer
- QOF Lead for the practice
|Dr Ben Burgess (m)|
MB BChir MA MRCS MRCGP DRCOG
- Qualified University of Cambridge, 1997.
- Special Interests: Minor Surgery, Prescribing and Anticoagulation.
- Medical Officer for Lime Tree Court Residential Home.
- Studying for Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Education
|Dr George Gavriel (m)|
- GP Trainer
- Deputy Executive Partners
|Dr Vinesh Mistry (m)|
MBChB MRCGP DRCOG
- Qualified at the University of Birmingham 2009
- Medical Officer for Gracewell of Maids Moreton Nursing Home
- Medical Officer for Buckingham Community Hospital
- GP Trainer
- Interests: medical education, primary care innovation, care of the elderly
|Dr Nicholas Stewart (m)|
|Dr Emily Moss (f)|
|Dr Beth Kruse (f)|
|Dr Claire Chappell (f)|
|Dr Gaz Haxa (m)|
|Dr Elliott O'Connor (m)|
|Dr Aisha Rauf (f)|
|Dr Jenny Huang (f)|